Friday, December 6, 2013

Chris Knox - Seizure (1989)


Seizure is only what I can describe as an odd mix of Punk Rock, Indie Rock, and Post-Punk that somehow manages to work perfectly. Another one of the many great releases from the Flying Nun label. The seasoned New Zealand musician Chris Knox makes this interesting combination of styles flow perfectly into an album that's surreal, dreamy, and snide all at the same time. The whole album feels diverse and it doesn't fall into the pointless samey-ness that Indie Rock albums are generally susceptible to. I think it's mostly because Knox incorporates a lot of other genres into his music, some of the songs are more Punk influenced, while some even seem like a nod to Rock 'n' Roll, it's enough to keep the album constantly changing and make it insanely captivating. All in all it's just a really fun and energetic album that's really worth a listen.

But you know you wanna see
All this pain an misery

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I just found your blog while searching for this. Thank you for posting it. I've been looking for it for quite some time, and thought I would give it another go in the off-chance that someone might have shared it by now, and...here it is! I'm looking forward to listening to it and will definitely check out the rest of your blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for this post. I came here looking for this, but I stay for all the bands that I'm about to know thanks to this blog!

    ReplyDelete