Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Various Artists - Messthetics # 1: UK '78-81 "D.I.Y." - Bands R-to-Si



I think I did it. I found the holy grail of post-punk compilations. As the Trash Box was to garage and psychedelic rock, Messthetics is to D.I.Y. punk and post-punk. This will be the first of many posts about these fantastic comps. The first volume is a 1 hour and 15 minute long tour de force that shows you exactly whats to come in the other 17 volumes. A barrage of D.I.Y. madness that will keep you enthralled from beginning to end. If you like post-punk this is ESSENTIAL listening.

We're desperate and insane
Ambassadors of our cause
We don't care if we die
In courts of wars

6 comments:

  1. YEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! PLEEEEEZZZ MORE!!!!!THANXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, if there is such a thing as a perfect UK DIY comp,this is it.Goes downhill a bit after this,but then again so did Nuggets,Rubble, and Killed by Death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't care if we die
    In courts or wars...

    ReplyDelete
  4. THese comps are massive. Unfortunately, everything Chuck Warner released is garbage in terms of te actual product. All of his cds eventually fall prey to cd rot! All of them. I regeret ever giving this crook any of my money. So you've done the community at large a serious solid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks tremendously for keeping these vital links active!

    ReplyDelete