Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mission of Burma - Signals, Calls, and Marches (1981)


Mission of Burma are pretty much the be-all and end-all of upbeat, catchy post-punk if you ask me. This EP is fantastic, it's incredibly consistent but doesn't lack variety at the same time. "That's When I Reach For My Revolver" honestly has one of the best choruses of any song that I can think of. It's really just the pinnacle of happy, fast post-punk in my opinion (though it kinda blurs the line between punk and post-punk at some points), I don't really think anyone with a similar sound ever came close to topping them other than perhaps Magazine or Gang of Four. It's insanely accessible, insanely catchy, and definitely worth checking our if you haven't done so already.

THAT'S WHEN I REACH FOR MY REVOLVER
THAT'S WHEN IT ALL GETS BLOWN AWAY
THAT'S WHEN I REACH FOR MY REVOLVER
THE SPIRIT FIGHTS TO FIND ITS WAY

2 comments:

  1. Have you received a free phonecalls or a text message that didn't have any information about the caller? You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete